Carpet cleaning is Our Specialty
Serving Fairfax, Burke, Alexandria and DC Surrounding Areas.
Our experienced, IICRC-certified technicians utilize the power of our truck-mounted, hot water extraction system of steam cleaning for maximum soil removal and fast drying time. We will get your carpet clean and residue-free, significantly prolonging the life of your carpet.
Our carpet cleaning methods use environmentally-friendly cleaning solutions that are safe for both humans and pets. We understand how you feel about your home and your carpets – and how busy you are – so we try our best to make this process as easy for you as possible. We will treat your home with respect and make sure you are completely happy with our service, or it’s FREE!
Step 1: Pre-Inspection
A technician will walk through your home with you to visually inspect your carpet, identify potential permanent stains, identify your concerns and give you an evaluation of expected results.
Step 2: Home Protection
The technician will protect the surfaces in your home for the duration of the carpet cleaning. Hardwood floors and stairs will be protected by dropclothes and corners of walls will be protected by corner guards. This allows our technician to work safely in your home without the hoses damaging your surfaces.
Step 3: Furniture Moving
Our standard fee includes moving sofas, chairs, tables and other small items. Beds, dressers and heavier pieces cost extra to move. Your technician can quote the exact cost to move any heavier pieces of furniture.
Step 4: Pre-Spray
A pre-conditioning agent is applied to emulsify or break down the soil throughout the carpeting.
Step 5: Pre-Spot
Difficult spots on the carpet are pre-treated with special products uniquely designed to increase the chances of removal.
Step 6: Soil Extraction and Rinse with Neutralizer
The carpet is then thoroughly rinsed with a powerful extraction cleaning system without over-wetting the carpet or leaving sticky residue behind. Every carpet we clean has a neutralizer applied so that it is pH-balanced. This will also leave your carpet feeling soft and fresh.
Step 7: Post-Spot Treatment
Any spots or stains remaining will get extra treatment with one of our many specialty spotting procedures.
Step 8: Post-Cleaning Inspection
The technician will walk through your home with you to point out the cleaning results and make sure that you are completely thrilled with the job.
Services We Offer:
* Carpet Protection
* Stain and Spot Removal
* Pet Stain Treatment and Deodorization
* Tick and Flea Treatments
* Odor Removal
* Speed Drying
How long should we wait to have our carpets cleaned?
Imagine: you have a newborn baby, a roaming toddler with a sippy cup full of red juice, or you’re prone for asthma or allergies; perhaps you’re the proud owner of a new puppy or kitten, or maybe you’ve just given up trying to get your kids to take their shoes off at the door.
Obviously, each situation is unique. Your carpets can act as an air filter, capturing dust, dirt, bacteria, pollen and dust mites, as well as their waste and the bacteria that feed on them. Each household could require a different answer to the question of how often to have the carpet cleaned, however, most carpeting manufacturers recommend a professional cleaning every 6 to 18 months.
We are committed to providing affordable, high-quality carpet cleaning solutions for your home or business, and our technicians are certified by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). Education is key – and this is why we are the Smart Choice.
What other areas do we serve?
Choose Smart Choice Cleaning for your carpet steam-cleaning and stain removal needs. We offer carpet cleaning services in Alexandria, Arlington, McLean, Fairfax, Springfield, and everywhere else in Northern Virginia.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS!
How long does the carpet take to dry
1. How long does the carpet take to dry?
The normal drying time is anywhere from 6 to 12 hours. The carpet will only be damp to the touch. Depending on weather conditions, room temperature, air flow, and overall conditions this time can vary.
2. How safe are your cleaning and protection methods?
We use only the highest quality, environmental friendly, safest cleaning solutions on the market.
3. Should I have my carpet steam cleaned or dry cleaned?
Most major carpet manufacturers recommend truck-mounted hot water extraction as the preferred method. Hot-water extraction done properly by a certified trained technician removes more soil and spots than dry cleaning methods.
If you have a situation that requires dry cleaning, Smart Choice Cleaning is experienced in various dry cleaning applications and can apply that method for you.
4. What are those ugly black lines around the baseboards and under doorways?
If you have light colored carpet, you may have experienced these dark lines that appear on the carpet. This soiling is called filtration soiling because it comes from air passing through the carpet as it is attempting to get through the crack between the carpet and the baseboard or under a closed door. As the air passes through the edge of the carpet pile, this microscopic soiling is deposited there (hence the term filtration soiling). This occurs over a significant period of time and is not noticed until a buildup has occurred.
This type of soiling is difficult to remove because the soil particles are so fine that they penetrate deep into the carpet pile, sometimes into the backing of the carpet. Can it be removed? Sometimes. With special products, time and effort, reasonable results can sometimes be achieved. To help prevent filtration soiling, vacuum and wipe the edges of the carpeting on a regular basis. Be careful around the tack strip on the edge of the carpeting, it could nick your fingers!
5. Can you get the pet odor out of my carpet?
Pet odor is a very common problem. At Smart Choice Cleaning we can help you deal with your pet challenges. From minor problems to major headaches Smart Choice Cleaning can help find the solution that works best for you.
The problem with pet odor is that it can be much deeper than it first appears. Pet urine can easily soak through the backing of the carpet into the padding underneath. In more severe cases the urine can penetrate into the sub-floor beneath the padding. This creates a problem that is multi-layered. The urine also provides for the growth of bacteria. This, in turn, contributes to a worsening of the odor problem and can contribute to permanent color loss of the carpet fiber.
To eliminate this problem the urine must be removed or neutralized from each of the layers effected. If the contamination is limited to only the face yarn of the carpet then the cleaning itself may effectively remove the odor. In more severe cases a urine neutralizer may be applied. In the most severe cases, replacement of the carpet padding, treatment of the under-side of the carpet and the sub-floor may be required. Even replacement of the carpet, however, cannot guarantee complete removal of the odor.
6. Do you provide after hour and weekends service?
Yes. For commercial ONLY we provide after hour service except six holidays in the year: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day,Thanksgiving Day, Fourth of July and Christmas day. For residential we operate Monday through Saturday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PMe can vary.
- Scoop up as much of the spill as possible, with a towel or a spoon.
- Blot the spot, don’t rub or scrub. Gently press clean cloths into the stained area to remove moisture. Scrubbing can damage the fiber and set the stain into the carpet.
- Apply warm, not hot, water to the stained area and blot until the stain stops transferring to the cloth.
- If you can still see the stain, use our Home Pro spotter with white absorbent cloth. Agitate lightly and then blot to absorb the stain into the cloth.
- Place layers of white paper towels on the spill to absorb the liquid. Weight down the towels with a non-staining glass or ceramic object. You can let them sit overnight.
- When the carpet is dry, vacuum to restore the texture.
- If you can see the stain after all this, repeat steps 3 through 7. It means the stain penetrated deep into the pile and has wicked up to the surface.
- If you still see a stain, please call this number 703-455-1440 for professional carpet cleaning.
We give our Carpet cleaning client’s our Home Pro Spotter for FREE!
Our Guarantee: SCC offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our carpet cleaning and other services. If you are not completely satisfied, we will rush back at no charge to address your concerns. If you are still unsatisfied, we will honor our 100% money back guarantee.
Any issue with the service must be reported within 48 hours of completing the service.
- Make sure the nearest parking spot to your home is available for our carpet cleaning truck prior to our arrival.
- Please make sure there is an accessible water spigot in your front yard.
- Please remove any small items such as dining room chairs, magazine racks, floor plants, etc. from any areas that are going to be cleaned.
- Please remove all breakable items from furniture which will have to be temporarily moved, cleaned under, and placed back.
- Please pin up any full-length draperies so that they will be at least 6 inches off the floor.
- Please pin up any skirts on upholstered furniture, which may be touching the carpet.
- Computer equipment, china cabinets, sectional sofas, entertainment centers, antique and fragile furniture cannot be moved. However, carpet underneath such items can be cleaned where sufficient room is available, or we can edge right around the base.
- During the pre-inspection walk-through with your technicians, please advise them of any special requirements to follow when moving your furniture such as weak legs, loose tops or previous repairs.
- Also, call attention to any spots or stains which may require special techniques.
- Please put your pets in a safe, quiet place where our cleaning won’t disturb them.
- A special note about odors: We do everything possible to reduce or eliminate pet odors. However, due to the depth of contamination, 100% success may not be attained. Also, for several days after cleaning you may notice an elevated odor due to higher humidity levels.
- For safety sake, be sure to keep an extra close eye on your curious little ones.
- We do our best to remove spots and stains, however there is no guarantee.
- In some cases where the carpet is loose and have wrinkles, after the cleaning wrinkles in the carpet may increase.
Please allow up to 8 – 10 hours of drying time.
Drying time may vary due to the following:
- Low air circulation, such as basements.
- Level of humidity inside the house.
- Humidity and temperature outside of the house.
- And what type of carpet it is.
Special After Care Information:
- Please leave your plastic “tabs” and “blocks” under your furniture for 48 hours after cleaning.
- As a safety precaution please do not let your children or pets crawl or lie down on the carpet until they are completely dry.
- Please use extreme caution when walking from the damp carpet to any hard surface area.
- Make sure the AC unit is set to 70 degrees if possible, or utilize ceiling and table fans.
- Please note that stairs may take a little longer to dry.
Smart Choice Cleaning is the carpet cleaning specialist for Alexandria, Springfield, Fairfax, Woodbridge and all throughout Northern Virginia.